Our client is a multinational professional services and construction firm headquartered in London which provides engineering, design, planning, project management and consulting services. HR has always been valued by the business but is now going through a transformation and restructures to improve the level of service it offers. This has included successfully establishing an HR Shared Service function and building Centres of Excellence in critical areas of HR. To date Resourcing, L&D, Reward, Mobility and HR Project centres have been created and it has now been decided to build a specialist area in Performance, Engagement and Employee Relations.
The Head of ER & Performance will be an active member of the HR Operations Leadership Team and will be tasked with building and developing the organisation’s ER and Performance Management strategy. They will be expected to manage a small specialist team of two and be an instigator of change and transformation.
An experienced HR Leader who has a particular strength in HR Projects and cultural change. It is expected that the successful candidate will have operated at a senior level and be a skilled communicator, able to credibly influence both the business and their HR colleagues. Their success will largely be driven by their ability to build relationships.
Stylistically they will be commercial and creative but able to be pragmatic and deliver when required. They will have worked in complex blue chips and mid-size companies, which will ensure a sophisticated corporate HR toolkit with a practical get it done mind-set.
- Track record of working a complex, shared service HR matrix environment, preferably in a multi service line business
- Employee Relations, experienced in policy design and delivery and managing complex ER cases
- An accomplished influencer, able to build relationships at all levels and ensure buy in to HR initiates
- Commercial mind-set able to ascertain HR needs in the business which align to business objectives
- The ability to understand and work with data, providing insights and analytics as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR practitioner to join a company at the top of its game as it improves and transforms the HR function.